Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dear Granny,

 It's been a year from today since you were away from us. Us as in your family, friends and loved ones. I'm posting this letter for the world to show my unconditional love for a woman who was a fighter who couldn't fight anymore. I look up to you as an inspiration, a woman of wealth and prosperity. No one can ever replace the woman who loved me than life itself the most. There's not a single day that I don't think about the gift you gave all us in the bizarre world. That morning of your passing I couldn't believe it. It was cold, heartbreaking, and full of triumph. Prior to your passing, when I got the message that you were diagnosed with cancer: I remember being blind to it. I just thought that you would fight through it like you usually do but it was a defeat that shocked us all. I remember being half crazy and saying that I shouldn't be by my grandma's side to care for her and go to someone's city to spend time with them. A person who I thought I would spend the rest of my life with was a priority at that time. It turns out that I made that person wait for me. But I'm hear to say that I'm deeply sorry Granny for that, you don't know how much I regret thinking of what I thought at that time. I was truly disappointed in myself as both a person and human being.  I could never ever forgive myself for that and it's a grudge that I'll hold forever within myself. However Granny I could never forget the good times we had and those memories will forever be stored within myself. Your children and grandchildren are ok, and never ever have they fallen under success. We're fine and will forever keep our heads up. We know that on this day you don't want us to be saddened with you gone so we celebrate you today. You were always positive in everything that you said or meant so we (as in the family) are doing a prayer circle, eat your favorite food of choice and who knows we might form a Soul Train Line like you used to do lol. So Patricia Anne McClendon (or Pat, yes I know you don't like being called your full name lol) you're still with us and still forever in our hearts. May you be blessed in all of your journey upstairs and I love you so much. Thank you for reading this letter and again "Yonio" loves you :)


Your dearest Grandson,
Antonio Maurice Winston.

No comments: