Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dear dad,


                 I was gonna do some late night studying however first I decided to write an open letter to a great man. I'm writing this letter because of a special occasion: your birthday. It's been a rough 17 years since you've been away from us. Us as in your extended family and loved ones. In all my 23 years I've survived all that has come my way and I'm sure you're looking down to see me proud of what I do on a daily basis. Mom is okay, she's surviving as well and has took care of your children as you promised. Thank you very much for lending those words to her because it has carried on with her at heart, mind, and soul. Your two children appreciate it as well. We all miss you: nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins and most off all daughter and son. We appreciate what you did in our early years of life in this crazy world, it's truly a blessing on what kind of gift you touched upon. It's kind of surreal because some of my family members who knew and who I haven't met before say that I look like you. It's pretty crazy however I'm all for it to have their back at all times, no matter what. A lot of people ask me "why do I have my own name tattooed on me". Quite simply I tell it's your name. I'm fairly honored to share this name with you and I'll carry it to the day I die. You were a true father to me when I was growing, none can ever replace what you gave to me and my sister "Tish". Yes...I remember you calling her that when she was young lol, my memory goes back just like you driving us to McDonalds all the time when we were hungry. What I write currently is from the heart, this wasn't planned or anything of that nature. Happy Birthday. We miss, love and cherish you everyday when we walk this fine but crazy earth and I hope you're up there with my aunt Maria (rest in peace) looking down and saying "we raised some strong kids". Kids as in my cousin Isabel as well. Hmm idk I might crack a beer open later, who knows lol. But until then, today we celebrate you. Thank you and I love you...rest in peace.

Your son,
Tony Silva II
  




No comments: