Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm Starting To Feel

Like I'm at the border between the younger generation and older generation. Meaning I tend to complain at a young and old age perspective. For example from an old age perspective: there are kids now a days who wear band t-shirts and they listen to rap music or a different kind of genre. They choose to wear it because "it looks cool" and have never listened to the band in a day of their life. Talk about a slap in the face don't ya think? It ticks people off like a friend of mine named Ron. We converse on a lot of subjects like these and it's noticeable on kids now a days, that and earplugs. Growing up, prior to it being popular, I've never seen a person that was twice my age with a single earplug. Back then people who listened to a rock related genre wore like a thousand ear piercings on their ear lol. But now you rarely see anyone related to a rock genre wear plugs (or piercings) because kids with a different music genre think it's cool. Whatever floats your boat I guess. However from a young age perspective: I think Justin Bieber is the "It" guy right now. Call me crazy but I see no issue with the guy at all. I don't preferably listen to his music but I don't see a single thing wrong with the guy. At least he has no intentions to turn out like Tevin Cambpell (the guy that sang Happy Birthday to Ashely Banks on the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air) whose a full blown gay flamer. The guy has things going on and should be acknowledged to be pretty good at what he does: a musician. But what can I say, everyone felt like that towards a "female fanbase" for the last 12 years (nsync, backstreet boys, etc). It's scary to go through things of that nature but I'm in my 20s what can I say. Old fart status B)

1 comment:

JimmyA562 said...

Someone who wears a band T-Shirt who doesn't listen to a band is known as a poser where I'm from,

lol