Friday, June 29, 2012

5 Years In The Making

5 years ago I would say I was a lost kid when I got out of high school. A lot of confusion with the "real world" came upon me. Sure I had a job as a baquette server but it really wasn't much. Until my opportunity came at Walmart when my neighbor was the supervisor and refered me rto a position that wasn't glamorous but it would do for a while. A while turned into 2 years lol. After i've gotten fired I didn't know where else to turn. Pretty much for the past 3 years I've been starving and clawing for an opportunity to come my way. I was jobless period. Sure i've had knick knack jobs and a couple of schools that didn't work out but I had no idea where to go and turn. I was again that confused kid who was always lost at what I was doing...at what happened if it didn't work. More noteably having the mentality of nothing is ever going to work for me. So I go to this bus company my mom refered me to and I spend a month training on a bus. I never thought i'd be a bus driver, more so drive a bus so good beyond imperfection. But I did it. Did it as I passed the behind the wheel test for a Class B license. This an accomplishment and also 5 years in the making. No more will I be confused, lost, and negative about what and what's not going to work. I could have any job I want and all. In due time I will be successful and have a bright future. Who knows what will be next for me, maybe i'll go back to beimg confused. I hope not. But the moral to this is: if that theory of "you can do anything you set your mind to" is true to your heart, leave it there. Be who you can be at all times. Be yourself amd if an opportunity comes your way at any given time, grasp it. Thank you fod taking time to read this and allowing me to open up. Have a good day.

No comments: