Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rugged Days

I'm at work with not a damn thing to do lol. While doing nothing ir clicked to me that society sure has come a very long way. I remember I was in the 10th grade (around 2004-2005) about to catch the bus heading to school. On this bus there was this girl with some fresh Jordans on. Very nice right? Wrong! I accidentally left a a little tiny unoticeable (a very unoticeable smudge) by me stepping against it. Not me stepping on it, but against it. I apologized for it but she had an aggressive attitude regardless of my apology. For about a few stops down she got off of the bus and decided to skip school...due to her "shoe smudge". Lol I must've laughed all the way to school after seeing that. Then there was this one time this classmate complained to me that she didnt see her favorite movie at a theater due to it being cut shut by people fighting over a stepped on shoe. I look at that now a days and think: what the hell were we thinking!?  We were in competition over clothes, shoes, what kind of phone our parents got us lol. In all honesty it was ridiculous. If you wore a white t-shirt you were a target, and shoes too. Now a days I can walk around in my beat up vans...and people wont give a shit what I wear. Now a days it isnt competitive, since everything looks cool to everyone. I could honestly say we got it good as far as fashion goes. And if we could keep it this way without anyone getting killed: it'd be a blessing.

No comments: